According to Korean beauty standards, the first thing to do is to double cleanse your face with an oil-based product that helps remove all the makeup from your face
Image for representational purpose only. Photo: istock
With K-dramas and K-pop take over India, there are other parts of the Korean culture that are influencing people today. While the beauty standards were earlier not known as much to part of the world, this ‘Hallyu wave’ which is also known as the ‘Korean wave’ is making more people adopt their skincare routines and increasing the demand for Korean beauty products every single day.
Here’s a step-by-step procedure for achieving the Korean glass skin.
– Step one is to double cleanse your face: Whether you go out a lot or not, whether you wear make up or not, we accumulate specks of dirt on our faces after a long day and with the daily chores that we do, and according to Korean beauty standards, the first thing to do is to double cleanse your face with an oil-based product that helps remove all the makeup from your face.
– Followed by a gentle cleansing foam that removes dirt and sweat from your skin.
– Exfoliation is the second step, and it helps the skin maintain its smoothness. However, most skin experts advise against overdoing it.
– To give your dry flaky skin hydration, the third step of glass skin is to tone your skin with the right product and amount of low PH levels.
– The fourth step is essence. It focuses on skin issues such as wrinkles, redness, and uneven skin tone. The consistency of essence is watery and lighter than serum.
– To avoid clogging pores and absorbing other skincare products, apply serum all over your face in the fifth step.
– The sheet mask soaked in serums is the most enjoyable and personal favourite step of the Korean glass skincare routine. It instantly hydrates your skin and gives you a magical glow if applied correctly.
– Because the skin under our eyes is thin and the skin’s ability to renew itself diminishes as we age, the area under our eyes is more susceptible to wrinkles than any other part of our body. As a result, you’ll need undereye cream to get rid of bags under your eyes.
– The moisturising step, like the basic skincare routine, is recommended to prevent your skin from drying out.
– We can’t say it enough: SPF! SPF! SPF! Even on cloudy days or when you are inside your home with all the amenities at your fingertips, it is recommended that you apply SPF to prevent ageing.
This story has been sourced from a third party syndicated feed, agencies. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability and data of the text. Mid-day management/mid-day.com reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever.